In the end of October 2023, Museum Reinhard Ernst will open in Wiesbaden, Germany, with several permanent glass installations by MadC.
In May 2022 MadC collaborated with HENI on a generative art project with 1000 NFTs.
In October 2021 the first book on MadC’s work and career was published by HENI under the name “MadC – Street to Canvas”. It was written by Luisa Heese and is MadC’s first monograph. ISBN: 978-1912122431
MadC was born as Claudia Walde in Germany in the 1980s. Throughout 25 years of constant engagement with art, in the streets as well as in galleries, she worked her way up from a teenager starting off with a spray can to one of the worlds top urban contemporary artists. She holds degrees in Graphic Design from two universities and published three books about street art. MadC’s monograph “From Street to Canvas”, written by Luisa Heese, was published by HENI London in 2021. Her canvases are exhibited in solo and group exhibitions worldwide. In 2023 Museum Reinhard Ernst will open its doors in Germany containing five permanent glass installations by MadC.
But she also always had this immediate connection with the street itself, which shows in the numerous colorful murals she painted around the world. MadC was invited to paint murals for Sinkka Museum in Finland, The Dulwich picture gallery in London, for the city of Abu Dhabi in the UAE and by the prestigious Mural Arts Program in Philadelphia, just to name a few.
MadC’s style has its roots in graffiti art, resulting in vividly colored, dynamic calligraphy and transparency where all layers shine through and thereby capture the energy of painting on a massive scale in the street, without using a direct graffiti language. Her unique use of color, composition and layering are perfectly paired with the spontaneously and fast painted lines of the calligrapher. The abstract paintings boast of energy and depths. They draw you in and capture the viewer in a universe universally understood, surpassing languages and cultures.
MadC’s work has been covered by various magazines and newspapers such as National Geographic, FAZ Magazine, Saatchi Magazine, GQ, The Guardian, Der Spiegel, The Source, GraffitiArt Magazine and many more.
- “MadC – Street to Canvas” by Luisa Heese, HENI London, UK, 2021, ISBN 978-1-912122-43-1
- “Wir und die Kunst” Documentary by Milan Skrobanek featuring MadC, Funny van Dannen, Sarah Bosetti and
Jan Georg Schütte, 2021
- “Color Rhythms”, a generative Art NFT project, May 2022
- “Kunst am Bau” Gewinnerin, Gestaltung Brückenwiederlager Magdeburg, Phase 1 umgesetzt 2022
- “Fliegende Bilder” art works painted digitally and projected live on the LED screens of the tower of Dortmunder U in Dortmund, Germany, together with Soten and Adolf Winkelmann, March 2021
Selected Solo Shows
- “Street to Canvas” HENI Gallery London, UK, 2021-2022
- „Goddess“ GAOs Gallery, Taiyuan, China 2020
- „Inside/Outside“ Brugier-Rigail Galerie, Paris, France 2019
- “Dialog” Brenners Park Hotel, Baden-Baden, Germany 2019
- “Pink Power” Kolly Gallery, Zurich, Switzerland 2018
- “Rush Hour” Wallworks New York, New York City, USA 2018
- “Southern Lights” Galerie Nicolas-Xavier, Montpellier, France 2018
- “Daydreaming” 44309 Gallery, Dortmund, Germany 2018
- “Home Sweet Home” Galerie Brugier-Rigail, Paris, France 2016
- “Kaleidoscope” Kolly Gallery, Zürich, Switzerland 2016
- “Bits and Pieces” Wallworks New York, New York City, USA 2015
- “Night and Day”, 44309 Gallery, Dortmund, Germany 2015
- “Character” Pure Evil Gallery, London, UK 2015
Selected Group Shows
- “Wonderwalls” NRW-Forum, Düsseldorf, Germany, September 30th 2022 – February 2023
- “Next Wave” Fort Wayne Museum of Art, Fort Wayne, USA, June 18 – August 28 2022
- „Iconoclast“ Miaja Gallery, Singapore 2019/2020
- „Conquête Urbaine“ Musée de beaux Arts, Calais, France 2019
- „Calligraphy now“ National Museum of Korea, Seoul, Korea 2018
- “Street Color” Institute Bernard Magrez, Bordeaux, France 2018
- “Searching for Surfaces” Vertical Gallery, Chicago, USA 2017
- “Compendium” Treason Gallery, Seattle, USA 2017
- “For the Love of Freedom” Sinkka Museum, Kerava, Finland 2017
- “Abstract Forum” FORUM Przestrzenie, Krakau, Poland 2017
- “Adventures in Modern Abstraction” Stolen Space Gallery, London 2017
- “Who’s your Daddy” Kolly Gallery, Phnom Penh, Cambodia 2017
- “Urban Art Biennale” Völklinger Hütte, Germany 2017
- “Marrakech Biennale” Marrakech, Morocco 2016